Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Still learning

Last night for FHE Koby had us share our favorite scriptures and explain why it is our favorite. Mine is John 14:27 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.' The reason it is my favorite is because the opposite of fear is faith. If we have faith in our Heavely Father then we don't need to fear anything. Even when we face challenges and trials everything will be fine if we have the Lord on our side. So I said all of this last night and then I didn't follow anything I said. I was very afraid this morning. I had gotten a call from my doctors office--they never call unless there is a problem with your test results. It has been a few weeks since I had my yearly female exam and they were calling to talk to me! Yikes! I immediately thought of cancer, not being able to have any more children, hysterectomy and death. I was fearing the worst. I got the message yesterday when I got home from work-so too late to call last night. I then called first thing this morning but had to call back since the nurse wasn't in yet. So after many hours of worry I finally got the news that there were some abnormalaties with my results but nothing serious-I just get to repeat the female exam in six months-can't wait for that fun time. The nurse even told me if it was serious they wouldn't be waiting 6 months for a repeat test. So I then become angry with myself for letting fear take over. I didn't even listen to my own talk about faith and trusting in Heavenly Father. What a great example I am to my children. I definately have a lot left to learn! I am committing myself this very moment to relax and trust in my Father that everything will work out just the way it is supposed to. E.W.O.P (everything works out perfectly)

No comments: