Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My parents are so awesome!

Remember my last post when I was complaining about having nothing ready for the baby? How I was kind of freaking out? Well thanks to my parents I am much less freaked.

My mom called me on Thursday morning and said that they were coming for a visit. I always love when they come! They arrived Thursday night and stayed with us until Saturday night. On Friday while Steve and Koby were camping, my dad and brother Matt went to a Jazz basketball game. Which left the women-folk free to have a girls night. Morgan had been promised Chinese food from her favorite place and we took my mom, Mindy and Peyton along with us. After we hung out for a while at my house. Then Morgan painted her nails and my mom's nails, (thanks for being a good sport mom!)and we watched Shrek.

During all of this I got out everything I had for the baby and wrote down what I had and what I needed. On Saturday my mom took me shopping! Morgan came along as well and Mindy was with us for a couple of stores. We ended up shopping for 5 HOURS! But now I am about 90-95% ready for the baby to arrive. Not only do I feel spoiled for the great things we were able to get but I loved spending time with my mom. I am even more excited now for our sweet little girl to arrive!

After all of the shopping I also got to sit and chat with both parents. Not sure why dad didn't want to go shopping with us!

Thank you mom & dad for your surprise visit-I had so much fun and I hope you did too. Mom, are you enjoying your newly pierced ears, too?

No comments: