Friday, April 3, 2009

"The talk"

Today Koby and I get to go to the maturation program. Now I haven't been to one of these since I was in 5Th grade-not that that was too long ago...(OK so I'm ancient-no need to rub it in!)but I don't remember much. Here's what I do remember-my mom came with me and I was highly embarrassed. Probably bright red the entire day! On the drive home my mom asked in her panic-laced voice, "Do you have any questions?" I answered in near panic-"No! No questions!" Maybe that is why I never got the sex talk from my parents.

Steve was going to go with Koby today but couldn't get off work so I get to go. We did have a deal-dad goes with the boys and mom goes with the girls-but it didn't work. Then later we are going to have "the talk" with Koby. It is hard for me to fathom that my baby is old enough for us to be discussing such adult topics.

It's kind of scary trying to figure out how much is enough information. Don't want to give him too much info...

Don't worry I am sure that we will all survive our little chat. Oh the joys of parenthood!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Lucky You! Sounds like you will have a fun day! I'm looking forward to that myself-luckily it's several years away still. Hope things go well for you and that "the talk" at school is easier on you this time around!

Tanya said...

The "maturation" talk is one of my most dreaded as a parent. Rachel is 10 and I hope she stays that way!!

Sachiko said...

Oh...."The talk", huh....I have been meaning to talk to my oldest but some how keep putting it off. I don't remember having the talk with my mom, but I am sure that it will be nice and helpful for them if they hear it from us rather than one of thier classmates.

Jen said...

I dreaded "the talk". But I agree, it is better that they learn from you and not from their friends. There is a lot of mis-information going around. If they know that they can come to you, you can correct it. Good Luck!