Friday, October 24, 2008

SEP (AKA Parent teacher conference)

Well last night we went to meet with Koby's teacher. Every time before we go I ask Koby if there is anything he wants to tell me before we meet with the teacher. Sometimes he confesses to little misdeeds like talking in class or staying out late for recess. This year he said he had nothing to tell me. The rule is that I go easier on him if I hear it from him rather than from someone else.

His teacher loves him! She said he is so kind and nice to all the other kids and to her. He is also very smart and is really excelling in school. Mrs.Thomas said that she loves having him in her class. She had the kids each write down three things that they excel in and three weaknesses that they want to improve. We talked about them and she told Koby that he does excel in all three of the areas but there are many more areas that he didn't list that he also does great in. One of the three things he put down as a weakness the class hasn't even worked on yet. His report card was all E's (E's are like A's for anyone who doesn't know.) and the lowest grade on his report card was a 97%.

We are very proud-not surprised- but definately impressed!

Before we left Morgan was adamant that she had to show Koby's teacher that she could write her name. She wanted to make sure that Mrs. Thomas knew she is just as smart as Koby is!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I like that rule! I'll have to try it with my kids! We always knew that Koby was a smarty pants!