Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Koby!

Well my little boy just turned 11! Wow-that sure makes me feel a lot older than stating my actual age (which is young-very very young!). I can't believe how fast he is growing up. I am so lucky to have Koby as a son! Here are some pictures of his recent parties. He had some friends come over on Friday night-they ate pizza, played x-box and then ate brownies. All of his friends are nice sweet boys so it was a very easy birthday party.


On Saturday we had a family party at the Nickelcade.



He got many gifts and really felt spoiled. He told me he got everything he wanted for his birthday-and I think that is pretty rare for a pre-teenager!

Koby has always been an amazing boy. I was a single mom for the first 5 years of his life so it was just the two of us and I couldn't be happier for the type of person he is becoming. From the moment of his birth he was able to bury himself deeply into everyone's heart. When he was a baby my big tough, manly-dad would put Koby on the beanbag and have him watch ballgames with him. My dad also let Koby start driving the tractor at about age 2 1/2-if you don't believe me we have the pictures as proof! My mom would do anything for Koby and I think he knows it. She also doesn't take it to personally that he is almost as tall as she is. My brothers and sisters adored their first nephew and often spoiled him with toys, presents, motorcycle rides, nintendo system, their time and of course their love. My aunt Karla often thought of Koby as her own child. One of the reasons I fell in love with Steve was because of how great he was with Koby-because we were definately a packaged deal. Amazingly it was a very easy process to blend our family. The Zabriskie's soon fell in love with him as well-in fact maybe Koby is the reason they like me...hmmmmm-interesting thought.

Koby started loving sports at an early age-how could he not between watching games with Papa and going to watch all of Jen, Matt and Rick's games-basketball, football and baseball. Koby loves basketball and football and we love to watch him play. Koby is also very smart. When he was almost four he asked me if I would teach him to read and before he started Kindergarden he was reading. He enjoys learning and really likes science.

Probably the thing I love about Koby is that he has a desire to be good. He has a huge heart and is willing to help anyone. He is an awesome big brother to Morgan and I know she would do anything for him. Anyway now that I have bragged and bragged about him, I just want to say, Koby I love you and I hope that you have a great year!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for more of an insight into Koby. He is such a great heart. Tyler had so much fun at the party! Happy Birthday Koby!!!

Kris said...

What a sweet post about Koby! Hope he had a very happy birthday (it sure looks like he did)!