Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gratitude journal

Anyone who knows me very well, knows that I love Thanksgiving. It is my very favorite holiday. I know that Christmas is great and the reason behind it (Jesus Christ) is much more important but Thanksgiving fills me with more love and peace than Christmas does. And because I love this holiday I am going to share a month of gratitude with you-30 items I am grateful for, representing 30 days of November.

1.Heavenly Father-he is always there for me, he understands & loves me unconditionally. He grants me all of the other blessings that I have in my life.

2.Jesus Christ-my loving older brother that has suffered for my sins and sorrows and has been the best example of what I should become.

3.Steve-my sweet, wonderful, loving, handsome, thoughtful, funny husband. I love him so much and am grateful for the opportunity to build a life with him each day. His love and patience for me is like a giant life preserver. I never thought I could be loved and cherished so much by one person.

4.Koby-the best son a mother could ever hope for. He is generous, handsome, loving, brilliant, thoughtful and deeply spiritual. He brings joy and love into our home. He saved me from a life of pain and sorrow. I am so glad that I get the chance to have him in my life!

5.Morgan-my beautiful, sweet, loving princess has helped me to find the long-buried 'girly-girl' inside of me. Her singing and dancing brings a smile to my face every time. Her contagious smile is always present and her warm soft hugs bring joy to my heart.

6.My mom and dad-they have always been there for me, helped me become a stronger and better person. Their love and support has given me the desire to be a better parent.

7.My brothers and sisters-I love and appreciate them so much more today than while we were growing up. I like each of them and enjoy spending time with them. I feel like they will always 'have my back'.

8.The in-laws- how lucky I am to have such a great extended family surrond me and my family. We are so deeply loved!

9.Church-I love that I have a weekly reminder of who I want to become. The LDS church strengthens and uplifts me daily!

10.Our home-I love the feeling of being home and the safety and security it represents.

11.Our jobs-we are blessed with the ability to support ourselves.

12.Education-I love how easy it is to increase our knowledge informally as well as in the classroom.

13.BOOKS-love, love, love books!

14.Libraries-since I could not possibly afford to buy as many books as I read each week, nor the space to store them all!

15.Friends & Neighbors-it's a great feeling to be surrounded by people who care for you.

16.Internet-I love having information at my fingertips (I google everything!) and being able to keep in contact with people who live far away from me.

17.Freedom

18.Technology

19.Good Child care providers-since I can't be a stay at home mom, I am glad that there are people out there who can provide the love and care to my children while I am away from them.

20.Teachers-one of the very self-less, unrewarding jobs that is important to the entire world.

21.Weekends-the chance to rejuvinate and spend time with my family

22.Holidays-a chance to forget the mundane and rejoice.

23.Music

24.Nature, changing seasons, beautiful scenery

25.Photographs-a visual reminder of a moment in time

26.laughter

27.Food

28.My health and that of my family

29.trials and challenges to help me draw closer to my Heavenly Father and to become a stronger, better person

30.My life-what a great blessing to be born in the right time, in the right place to have all the above blessings. Life is good and I am blessed!

And as a bonus-

31.YOU!

1 comment:

McCall B. said...

You forgot to add you are thankful for your talents of being a naturally good mom, photographer, writer, friend, organizer, and listener. I am thankful for YOU!