Monday, April 4, 2011

Confessions of a big sister


The other day Morgan told me a couple of secrets. I am sure she won't mind me sharing them with you.

First she told me that she wants to be the best big sister ever. I told her that she is all ready a great big sister. And she really is! She adores Maylee and would do anything for her. In fact, despite gagging and almost vomiting she helped me clean up a very disgusting, poopy mess. Morgan is always kissing, holding, talking to her little sister and it's so sweet.


Morgan's second confession was to tell me that sometimes at night she tip toes into my bedroom and just checks on Maylee while she is sleeping. Despite the fact that Maylee sleeps in a cradle next to my bed and I am a decent mom who promptly wakes up every couple of hours to feed the baby...Well I guess it's good to know that Morgan is always there in case I fail to hear Maylee's little whimpers and noises in the night. The other day I woke up to see that Morgan had brought a chair into my bedroom and was just sitting there watching Maylee sleep.

As a big sister myself I didn't realize how great having a sister could be until I had children of my own. My parents told a story about when Jen was a baby and how I climbed into her crib (I was probably 2) and I pinched her-HARD! That kind of set the mood for our relationship while growing up. How sad that I wasn't a better big sister like Morgan!

I hope that my two sweet girls will always be close and have a great relationship with each other.

No comments: