Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sporty car to...mini van?

For the past 5 years or so I have been driving a little Dodge Neon. It was cute, small and zippy. I am truly not one of those people who is all about having the nicest coolest car-I just want something that gets me from point A to point B.

Or at least that is what I thought.

We started having some problems with the Neon and decided that it was probably time to get a new vehicle-something a bit bigger-since whenever Koby sat in the backseat he had to rest his chest on his knees. Besides that we hope to one day have another child so a compact car was out.

Steve and I decided on an SUV. It would be larger but still have that sporty feel. We spent days and days looking for just the right vehicle and just could not find it. I finally broke down and said let's start looking at mini vans. We found one almost immediately that we both really liked. It was in our price range, had low miles, good gas mileage and so we bought it.

Normally when someone gets a new vehicle they are excited to show it off but I was kind of embarrassed to be driving a new "mom mobile". I feel so much older/mature/responsible driving this van. Why? I think it's all in my head. I liked being the young mother driving the sporty little car. Maybe it's a passage rite to move from a sporty car to a mini van.

I wonder what Steve would think about getting racing stripes on the side of the van?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. When I have the kids in the van with me, it's not too bad. However, I feel like the biggest dork when I'm the only one in the van!