Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soccer girl

Last night was Morgan's first soccer game of the season. For weeks before her game she kept saying that this year she wanted to score a goal-she actually did last year but it may/or may not have been in the wrong goal. Morgan also told me that she was going to run fast and play hard. I being the politically correct mother just said, just have fun!

So last night Morgan scored her first goal! She was amazing-she stole the ball many times, got in a lot of awesome kicks and dribbled the ball from one end of the field to the other and scored! She was so excited, so was I. She turned and grinned right at me-had to make sure I was paying attention I guess. When she had her turn to sit out she ran straight to me and said, "I did it mom! I scored a goal!" Then in the next breath, "Can we get ice cream to celebrate?"



On the way home from the game she said that she hopes she can score a lot more goal-not sure if it's the excitement of it or the ice cream after! Either way, Morgan you rock!

1 comment:

robana said...

Way to go Morgan. Thanks for calling us so we could know how awesome you are. Love ya tons