Monday, February 1, 2010

Fan-tastic February!

I have to say that I am very excited to have January behind us. And because I have determined that February will be fantastic, I know it will be!

So here is a quick recap of January 2010.

Me:I spent most of the month throwing up with morning sickness (but lucky me-morning sickness is an all day thing for me!)After finding out that our baby had died I had a D&C-it was all so easy-we went to the hospital, I got some really nice drugs that induced sleep and then woke up a couple hours later and it was all done. Physically I feel really well-mentally...well I am working on it. I was really amazed to find out that so many people love me and what wonderful people I have in my life. I have been busy with work and my church calling. I really enjoy working with the wonderful women in our ward!

Steve: I don't know if you have seen him lately but there is literally less of him to see. I'm not sure exactly how much weight he has lost but he is really looking great! He runs a few times a week, plays bball and works out with Bob from Biggest Looser. In addition he is still busy working with the 11 year old scouts and is now coaching the YM basketball team for our ward. And of course he is still working FT for Allreds.

Koby: I think I am going to have to hire someone to help us keep up with his schedule. He is in the Deacon's presidency so he HAS to be at every activity. Being 12 sure keeps him busy-he has one to two activities every week, one campout a month, additional firesides & meetings, plus city and church basketball-games and practices. This month he is also working on his science project (did I ever mention that science is my least favorite subject? It still is!). Steve took him for a haircut over the weekend and he looks so good-I just hope we can keep the girls from calling for a while longer! One funny story-a couple of girls came over the other night and asked if I would do a survey for them for their science project. I said I would and let them in. They weren't in the door for a full minute before they started looking around and asked, "Where's Koby?" I had to tell them that he was at b-ball practice-such sad faces on those girls!

Morgan: Finally dance classes started up again for Morgan. She has been so excited and she practices her routine all the time. She also wears her dance clothes as often as possible and is constantly trying to get Koby (the prince) to dance with her. She is really looking forward to her birthday and turning 5-which is in only 22 more days! Morgan enjoys going to her new babysitter's house-not that it hurts to have 3-4 kids yell "Morgan is here! YEAH!" whenever she walks through the door. Morgan and I have really been working on preschool homework a lot. I found a cool website and print off worksheets for her. She knows all of her letters and the sounds they each make, and basic addition, numbers, shapes and even basic punctuation. (she writes a lot of letters.) Our newest project is to let her cut out pictures from magazines and to paste them onto colored paper representing each letter. The other day Morgan was having a rough time and was really whiny. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just need some love." So of course I quit what I was doing and sat down and cuddled with her!

Ok so now that I have briefed you on our activities for the past month I realize that January wasn't as terrible as I thought. We are good! We have such full blessed lives!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

How do you keep up with everything?! Everyone always says we are busy and never stop but I think you have even more going on. You'll have to tell me that website for preschool stuff. Kelli is always bugging me to give her "homework" since Makayla "gets" to do it every day for 1st grade.

Tanya said...

Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and love you! I miss seeing you! Here's to a Fantastic February...

Jake n' Chanté said...

Sounds like a crazy month. Sorry about the baby. I'm glad that you have so many people around you for support. You're kids are so stinking cute!! Enjoy your fantastic February!!