Friday, July 17, 2009

Amazing

Last night we got to have dinner with my brothers and their wives-each brother only has one wife but---anyway!

Rick and Tara had to meet someone in Springville so we also got a visit. They came over and hung out with us until dinner time when Matt, Mindy and Peyton came too. It was a lot of fun!

After we ate we played a game and then went outside. Rick had brought his mitt and wanted to play catch with Koby and Steve.

Yep you heard right, my brother the quadriplegic, was playing catch!

Last week when my kids were visiting the grandparents, Koby got to play catch with Rick and he told me how cool it was. Rick even pitched to him. Koby said that was the best part of the whole week. That is saying a lot since Papa let him drive the truck all week-just on the farm, of course!

It was really amazing to see it first hand. Rick throws far more accurately than I can. I didn't remember to pull out the camera though. But if you want to see Rick's awesomeness just check out their blog. http://randtwerry.blogspot.com/

It has been almost 1 1/2 years since Rick's accident and every single prayer that our family says includes us asking for blessings for Rick's recovery. Last night I realized that I don't thank my Heavenly Father nearly enough for all of the wonderful miracles that Rick has already received. He is so much stronger and can do a ton of things for himself. Rick even flexed his re-growing muscles for us! He is such an amazing example to everyone around him. Thanks Rick for sharing all of your miracles with us! We love you!

No comments: