Monday, November 3, 2008

What a thought!

One of my favorite talks during the last LDS general conference was by Joseph B. Wirthlin called 'Come What May, and Love It'. I think it really meant a lot to me because as a family we have had a difficult year and I often found myself thinking that life is just too hard. Anyway I read the talk today online and it really helped me so I want to share a few of his quotes.

*The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable. (the story of his daughter's blind date really had me laughing!)

*Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering, and sorrow is part of our on-the-job training. These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are precisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character, and increase our compassion for others.

*The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.

Wow! I think this talk was meant just for me.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Perfectly said. Thanks for sharing such great thoughts! You're not alone...I thought that talk was just for me too! Love you!
Cheers (:

Jen said...

Thank You! I needed that today- you are the best. Jen