Friday, February 4, 2011

shadows

Wednesday was definitely shadow day for us.

First do you really trust that furry, fat little groundhog? This year he didn't see his shadow-which is supposed to mean that Winter is over-HA! On February 2nd we woke up to a temperature of 0, ZERO degrees. It is freaking cold outside! And the weatherman is predicting snow for the next 4 days. I think that groundhog is a liar!

On Wednesday Koby got to come to work with me and spend the day "job-shadowing". I really enjoyed having him with me all day. He didn't talk much but it was nice just to have him close. I tried to make it a little bit fun and he didn't complain too much. It helped that he didn't have to go to a meeting with me but got to stay in my office and play computer games. And the junk food I let him buy was a perk. He allowed me to take one picture from that day.


On that same night Steve made us dinner and Morgan offered to help him cook. They made pancakes, hash browns and boiled eggs. Normally when we let Morgan help she isn't the head chef but Steve pretty much put her in charge. She helped put all of the ingredients into the bowl for pancakes, mix it up, pour it on the griddle and flip them too. It was adorable and I handed Steve the camera to capture his little cooking shadow.

What a good dad! Steve was so patient and let her do as much helping as she wanted. I am sure it would have been faster and easier for him to just do it himself but instead he let her have a great time learning.

2 comments:

McCall B. said...

If Koby wanted to see some interesting things from your work, he'd just need to go one office over! Interesting might not be the right word... scary maybe is better.

Unknown said...

McCall-I didn't want him to be scarred for life-who will pay for all of the therapy after that type of visit?