Thursday, November 18, 2010

Babysitting tips

Lately Morgan has been playing her own version of house. She loves to pretend to be the mom, her stuffed cow is her husband, they have a couple of kids and I am the grandma who needs to watch the kids. On Tuesday night she decided she and her husband needed a night out, so she brought her two children over to my house. She took the many things out of her bag-bottles, diapers, bibs, blankets. I told her she could just lay the babies down at the end of the couch since they were asleep and I was watching TV. Morgan and her husband decided to go out to the movies, which meant that she set up the DVD player in the kitchen and watched the Bee movie.

In the mean time I had to run Koby and several young men to the church for their activity. While getting my coat on she said, "Don't forget you are babysitting!" I told her to just tell her dad to listen for them and I would be right back.

After her movie was over she came "home" to see that her babies were still sleeping on the couch. Needless to say, she was a little ticked off at me.

"Mom you can't just let them sleep the whole time!"

WOW! I am a huge failure as a babysitting grandma-thankfully I have a lot of time to hone my skills.

No comments: