Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where did June go?

Honestly, it's like one day it was the first week of June and the next day it was the last! This whole summer is whizzing right by! Here are some highlights of the past month...

Fun on the farm-Koby and Morgan got to go help on the farm for another week. They had a great time helping Papa and Gramma-I am sure it had nothing to do with the new 4 wheeler or the constant spoiling they received.

Camping-Steve and Koby went to scout camp for a week. They both had a great time. It was kind of hard to do all of the shopping and planning for camp but Steve did a great job-no one complained (at least not to me!) and there was plenty of leftover food at the end of the week-which is saying a lot since there was five 12 year old boys and at least 2 adults all week. While they were gone, Morgan and I had a lot of fun girl time-nails, hair, girl movies, Chinese food & Morgan's first time seeing a real play-which she loved!

Father's day-The kids and I fixed Steve a yummy breakfast and spoiled him with gifts and LOVE! I think his favorite gift was a picture book that I made online for him. Have to say it was pretty cool! We also got to have a nice dinner with the Zabriskie family. The food, games and family were all a blast!


Birthday-I turned a year older, sadly it happens to the best of us. Steve and the kids were really sweet and showered me with attention. Highlights: Steve got me flowers and Morgan massaged my shoulders and Koby gave me licorice.

Idaho trip-We borrowed a full size van from my sister-in-law. It wasn't just any van-it was huge and it had a daycare advertising painted all over it. Anyway we piled in with my sister and her family and had a great time in the "fun van". We drove to Idaho Falls and got to visit with my sister Debbie and her family. Both of my brother and their families & my parents were there too. So the whole fam!It was great to be able to finally play with my nephew-he is all ready 6 months old! Colt was adorable! Debbie and her husband Gary let us all ride on their horses. The kids loved it!


While in Idaho we also went to my grandpa Werry's funeral. The best part was seeing family that we rarely see-like at funerals and weddings.

Home- awww home sweet home! I am so glad to finally have my family home together. We have about two weeks of that until the next trip. Steve and I are going to Denver for a week for a work conference while the kids head back to Papa and Gramma's for another dose of spoiling!

No comments: