Thursday, September 10, 2009

Love, love, love my kids!

Recently my kids have really been making me laugh. I thought I'd share a few quotes and incidents just to brighten your day!

**Last night Steve went to Morgan's soccer game and I went to Koby's football game. Steve relayed the following conversation.
Steve: Morgan get out there and stick right with the ball, then kick it hard!
Morgan: I try but people keep getting in my way!(imagine indignation)

**There was a small hole in the soccer field, Steve said she constantly went out of her way to walk through the hole. She would look at the hole and just couldn't help herself.


**On the way home from football I looked over at Koby and he had his seat reclined, his eyes closed and his hand rested on his chest. I asked him if he was saying the pledge of allegiance as his hand was over her heart. He just gave the 'my mom is a dork' look.

** Later that night I asked him if he wanted to go for a bike ride with us or just wanted to hang at home (he had been playing football for the past hour and had run a mile at school.) I heard, "All right I need to go to the bathroom outside." What he really said is, "All right, I gotta go to the bathroom and then I'll decide."

**Morgan: Mom when I was your age, I loved to sing and dance!
Me: just smiled and thought about when Koby used to say the same thing-well the part about when I was your age...

**Me: Koby what did you do at school today?
Koby: we went to the library.
Me: did you get a book?
Koby: no...
Me: What?! Why in the world would you leave the library without a book? What is wrong with you? I really don't think I even know you anymore! Are you even my son?
Koby: rolls his eyes again with the look of my mom is definately a dork!

**Koby had to have a copy of his football plays attached to himself somehow. So we printed a copy, covered it in tape so it wouldn't rip or get sweaty and then he tucked it into his wrist sweat band. After Morgan's soccer game we noticed she was also wearing two of Koby's wrist sweat bands but they were tucked clear up on her biceps under her shirt.

And by the way Koby won his football game 33-0 and Morgan won her soccer game as well-Steve didn't say the score just that they won big. I sure do love these kids!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad you shared this funny little stories! Kids are so fun! They can definitely brighten your day.

Sachiko said...

Thank you for sharing the stories! Sometimes I try to put myself in thier shoes and see why they say the things they say... I love my kids too!