Monday, January 26, 2009

Unbalanced society

So why is it that weekends are only two days and the work week is five? It just seems a little unfair to me! And why is it that the weekends seem to fly by while at least Monday and Tuesday seem like an entire week long each? I think my biggest problem is that there is never a day that I can just stay at home-not leaving at all. And with all of the snow it is a very enticing thought to stay snuggled in a warm home with no plans.

We had another busy weekend-On Friday Steve was kind enough to take Koby and some of his friends to a Flash basketball game. Morgan and I stayed home and watched Tink (we had rented a very scratched up copy so we missed several chunks)and make a cake. Morgan helped with the cake by dumping a bunch of sprinkles on it-I tried to spoon some of them off so no one would end up with a mouthful of straight sugar...not that cake isn't straight sugar already. On Saturday we went to Koby's basketball game, another sad loss. I then went visiting teaching and did some huge house cleaning. That evening we took the kids to see Madagascar 2. It was actually pretty cute and we had fun together. After the movie we stopped to visit my grandma. Koby needed to use the computer so we hung out why he did research for his science project.

On Sunday we went to church. Morgan got to give the scripture in primary. She was so cute! It was like she was shy but still trying to show off. We were proud though because we knew she was nervous but she got right up and did it.

I will be so glad after Friday when Koby's science fair project is due. I am trying to make him have it all done by today but I doubt that will happen. My attitude is 'get it done-don't procrastinate' and Koby's is 'I have plenty of time-it's not due for another 4 days!' His experiment had to do with alka seltzer, sealed canisters (film-the old fashioned kind that nobody uses now that we have digital cameras) and exploding messes or just a fizzy mess. Here are some pics...


A while back I mentioned in my blog that I wanted to do my kitchen in an apple theme. Days later my sister called from DI offering to buy apple stuff for me. She bought all of this for me for only $6. Thanks Jen! I have rearranged it several times and may do it again, but as of today, here is my apple decor above one of the cupboards.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Looks perfect just like that!