Monday, January 12, 2009

New year...new curtains...new look

I know I haven't written for a couple of weeks...don't worry. We are all alive and well! I just haven't had much to write about. Now that Christmas is over we are back to our usual everyday routine which just screams fun!

Koby is back to school-we are working on a science project. He has an idea from when he went to 'bright ideas space camp' a couple of summers ago. So we just have to collect supplies. Some of you may have noticed that I keep saying we-that is because parents are supposed to help and my main job is just to nag at him until he gets it done. He is also playing basketball. He has one game each week, plus a practice. He also goes to scouts once a week-Steve is his leader so they get to go together. Koby has been spending a lot of time sledding with his friends. I am glad that he has such great friends that live right in our neighborhood.

Morgan is doing great. We have already begun making plans for her birthday, which isn't until February. She wants to have a party with all of her friends-a princess party. Shocker huh? It's hard to believe that my Morgan wants a princess party!Ok so maybe only if you don't know her. We have promised her that she can get her ears pierced when she turns four too. So she is thrilled about that. Morgan is now a sunbeam at church and boy does that make her feel grown up. The other night Morgan and I were watching Cinderella and she told me that she wished she had some little mice that wore dresses too. Boy that would be fun! (especially since her mother hates rodents!)

On Saturday night Steve and Koby got to go to the Jazz game with the Zabriskie boys. They had a lot of fun. They got home really late but both said that they had a great time. While they were gone Morgan and I went shopping. I got some drapes for our kitchen. I was tired of the fat white blinds on our sliding glass door-they were always breaking and looked so dirty. The curtains look so much nicer. I will post a picture soon. If ever I have the money to really decorate my home I want my kitchen decorated in greens and reds-like apples. So far I have an apple shaped clock and the new curtains. One day...

On Friday I came home with about an inch less hair, huge layers and bangs.(or as Koby used to call them 'fangs') I really shocked Steve and the kids. But I have been antsy about doing something different, so I was brave. I have been told that it makes me look younger-younger than what you may ask? I don't know, but certainly younger than our grandmothers. Maybe I will even post a picture.

So although the new year is only 12 days old-we are doing new things. I hope you all are enjoying 2009. I have great hope that it will be much better than last year-so far so good!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I saw your hair at church and it looks very cute!!!