Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Koby's post


Well I just blogged a post on both girls so I might as well do Koby's too. I haven't done much updating on him lately, mostly because he won't let me take pictures of him and when I talk about him-it is very embarrassing to him. I'd rather embarrass him in person!

About a month ago Koby got to meet with the school counselor about high school. I was pretty impressed. They gave him suggestions on what classes to take, gave him a paper with scholarship requirements for college, had him take a career interest test and told him his options for classes next year. I can't believe he is even old enough to be considering these things! Koby has some impressive goals and plans for the future. I know that he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to.

Last week we had parent teacher conference with his teachers and they all had glowing reports. He is doing very well and his habits have really gotten better. One teacher commented on how he has really improved at turning his work in on time. One said that he is way smarter than he gives himself credit for. Even though he really doesn't like English his teacher said that he has a lot of talent in it. She wanted him to take honors English next year-not sure I can talk him into it. She said that on the assessment tests getting a 5 means being at grade level and he got a 7. So even though he thinks its his worst subject he is even excelling there.

Last night he started the second half of wrestling season. He is so excited for it!

I hope by now that Koby has stopped reading...he also recently started shaving his mustache. He will probably kill me if he reads this but hey this is our family journal and our posterity needs to know these things! Part of me really hates how grown up he is. But the smart part of me is also proud of how well he is growing up!

No comments: