Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Catch up

So even though I have blogged nearly every day for the photo-a-day challenge, I feel like I haven't stayed caught up on all of the important stuff that is going on in our lives-which is not good considering this is the only family journal I keep. So I am going to do a monster sized blog of the things that have been keeping us busy.

And when I say that we have been busy, I am totally NOT exaggerating! Over the past few weeks I am positive we have spent more time away from home than actually there. Seems like we have only been there long enough to sleep. Oh well, such is life.



Photos are: (starting top left and moving right)

1.Koby wrestling at West high-he got 3rd place-this was the first tournament of the spring season and there weren't very many people there so Koby got to wrestle some older, experienced wrestlers that placed at state-but he did great and got some good experience! A coach from the another team came up to us and told us to not let him get discouraged because he has some really awesome skills and he should stick with it.

2. Morgan, Steve and Maylee at Trafalga waiting for their turn at mini golf. We went there to celebrate Morgan's 7th birthday! She doesn't remember ever going there before and she loved it!

3. Maylee walking with the help of Steve's fingers. She sure loves it-every time we let her hold onto a finger and walk around she has this huge grin on her face-that is, if she isn't laughing.

4. Morgan at her dance recital. I think she was trying hard to remember to keep her tongue in her mouth.

5. Our family at mini golf-we tried many pictures but Maylee kept looking down-I guess at least the top of her head proves that she was there.

6. Me & Maylee-she looks less enthusiastic about snuggling with me than I do but she is still a momma's girl.

7. Maylee has started doing this "cheese" look whenever I get the camera out. It is so adorable with her eyes squinting and her nose all scrunched up. (mom look she is wearing the vest! It took some distraction and a bit of whining but she still had it on when I dropped her at the babysitters!)

8. Morgan on her birthday-she loves all of the attention. I still can't believe that she is already seven. Even though her birthday was less than a week ago she is already talking about turning 8 next year and how she gets to be baptized.

9. Koby and his award from the wrestling banquet. We got to go to a very nice (and VERY yummy) dinner with all the parents and wrestlers. Koby got an award for the most improved 8th grade wrestler. Way to go Koby-we are so proud of you!

So we are back to wrestling practice 3x a week and a tournament every weekend. When Koby asked if he could do the spring season, he told me that it costs an additional $60 but he had already talked to his coach and he could wash mats to pay for it. So he is washing mats 2x a week after school, before practice. I guess that must mean that he really loves it.

Morgan just finished her dance class and she enjoyed it but she is now wanting to play soccer. She had a great birthday and got very spoiled. We are just going to do one more joint party for family-for both her and Maylee.

Maylee is learning so much and is so darn cute! She races up the stairs now-if I give her a 10 second head start she is already 3/4 of the way to the top. She hasn't been walking too much mostly just likes to hold onto someone or something but last night she stood up, walked about 4 steps and then sat down and laughed. We get so excited for her, so maybe she was just laughing at us!

Steve is doing great at work-he is learning a lot of new things so that he can be promoted. He seems to enjoy the guys that he works with and it's great to have him so close to home (it really helped when Koby locked himself out of the house and Steve could run home and let him in!)

Steve's dad will be getting remarried soon. It has been fun to meet all our new relations because not only do we get a new step-mom/MIL/grandma she also brings along her kids and grand kids. I really like Sharon and I am happy that Dan won't be so lonely anymore.

I am also doing well-trying hard to stay on top of everything that is going on and still keep my sanity-not sure how well that is working, you may want to ask Steve.

No comments: