Friday, January 13, 2012

Smart girl

Last night we had Parent teacher conference with Morgan's teacher. She said that Morgan is at or above grade level in everything. Her reading skills are one of the things that are above grade level. I noticed that after they tested her reading recently that she went from a level D to a level H! (starts at A and goes until T-throughout elementary school.)

Morgan's teacher had such wonderful things to say about her. She does really well in spelling, math, very neat handwriting and a great reader. She is also very good at writing stories and is a great artist. Morgan is also very kind to everyone and is very good in class-she never has any problems with her.

I have always worried about not being able to let her go to preschool. When she was the right age, both Steve and I worked full time in a city about 20 minutes away from where her babysitter was. It was just impossible for us to figure out. So I did my best to work with her at home on my own. I got a little bit of help from my SIL, Mindy but I still felt pretty guilty.

Apparently I didn't need to. The funny thing is that she always tells people that she is so smart she got to skip preschool.

My advise to every parent is to tell your child that they are smart-help them to believe it and they will live up to their potential. For some reason when I was in jr high/high school I thought that I was dumb and I got average grades-a lot of B's and C's. One day a guy that sat next to me in Biology asked me if he could cheat off of my paper. I asked, Why? He said because you are smart! I thought about that for a while and then my whole perception of myself changed. Hey I am smart! From that point on my grades became A's and B's. I was even on the dean's list in college! I graduated with a Bachelor Degree! I guess it just took having someone remind me of my potential.

We are so proud of you Morgan! You are so smart and wonderful!

No comments: