Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 11

Normally we have Christmas morning at our own home, then in the afternoon we travel to my parents home and spend the rest of the day and the next few days with family. However this year we mixed it up. We went to my parents house before Christmas and got to have Christmas morning there.

For anyone who doesn't know, my parents own a dairy farm-which means that they have to get up early to milk cows. Most of their employees had the holiday off so mom and dad had to leave the house at 5:30. I knew that they wanted to see their grand-kids open their gifts but there was no way I wanted to get up at 5AM! And waiting until after church to open gifts seemed like a cruel way to torture the kids. So we compromised-we let the kids open their gift from Santa and look through their stockings before church and then they opened the rest with Papa & Gramma after church. I think everyone was happy. We did have to wake the kids up at 7:30 so that we could make it to church on time.

Stockings

The favorite gifts that I gave were:

*To Steve: a heart rate monitor watch that he had mentioned in June he would like. He was so surprised and I think he played with all the options for hours. For the past few hours he has worked hard at trying to get healthy and he loves any new gadget that helps in his pursuit.

*To Koby: a camera but I think his favorite gift was the MP3 player w/ attachable speakers that I allowed him to pick out for himself.

*To Morgan: art supplies. She is such an artist and that was her #1 request for Christmas. So I got a heavy plastic box-like container and filled it. She got markers, colored pencils, sketch pads, clay, paints, pencils, more paper and nice neat organizers for it all. She loved it!


To Maylee: not a favorite gift, just loved watching her pull on all the wrapping paper. She loved taking a little piece and shaking it while it unwound. She was so cute-loved the paper and boxes!
Christmas was pretty amazing! It was a lot of fun spending time together as a family. We also got to visit with my brothers and their families.

More







No comments: