Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just Steve and me...

Last week while the kids were off visiting Gramma and Papa on the farm, Steve and I were home...

ALONE...

(well alone together!)

As you all know when Steve and I got married I was all ready a mom to 5 year old Koby. Steve is an incredible dad and was right from the start. Nothing like being thrust right into the fire of parenthood!

Because I was a mom we didn't have time(at least 9 months) to adjust to living together without kids that most people have. I am not complaining-we have had a great marriage so far and I can't imagine life without either of my kids.

So anyway, when the kids are gone it is a different experience for us. The biggest difference is the quiet. According to Steve he talks just the right amount for a guy, but when you are used to a 5 year old girl that talks non-stop, the silence can feel weird after a few days.

I have noticed that we often get wrapped up in what our kids needs are that we forget that our spouse is actually human too. It was nice to spend the past week remembering all of the things that we enjoy and the wonderful person that Steve is.

We got to spend a lot of time just talking with each other-privately and without interruption.

We went on a couple of dates and we didn't have to hurry home to the kids.

BUT as fun as it all sounds, I did miss the kids a lot and ofcourse worried about them all the time-not because they were in danger or because my parents aren't capable but because I am their mom! So even though being away from my babies is hard, I loved spending some quality time with my sweet husband. It was a great reminder that we are actually Steve and Becky, not just Koby and Morgan's parents.

Thanks mom and dad for letting the kids spend a few days with you and for spoiling them rotten-which the loved! I love you!

1 comment:

McCall B. said...

I really like where you said that you get to be "Becky and Steve and not Koby and Morgan's parents." I can really identify with that.