Monday, September 20, 2010

Cool mom?


On Saturday evening we scored some free tickets to a concert at UVU. We decided to let both kids go with us and since we had one extra ticket Koby brought a friend. The concert was for Safety suit and it was pretty awesome.

Morgan loved it! Koby & Daniel tried to be very cool and say it was all right but I think they liked it too.

So am I a cool mom for taking Morgan to her first concert at the age of 5?

She loves, loves, loves music.

Or am I a bad mom for not getting her a sitter and keeping her home? Saving her ear drums from the noise?

I am not sure...but on a positive note-this band is very inspirational. They talked a lot to girls about not letting anyone tell them they are not beautiful just the way they are. They even had all of the women/girls in the audience sing/chant back "I am beautiful".

Well no matter what-for the moment Morgan thinks I am an awesome mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ARE the best mom ever! I can only hope to be half the mom that you are. BRAVO!!!

Jenna said...

I think you are a great mom for taking her to a concert that very specifically had something positive to say about women. If it were any other band or anything, then maybe you could debate this. But you can never be too young to start hearing positive messages about self esteem and such. so go you!